Monday, May 14, 2007

Preaching the Gospel of Technology…




I’ve been away for a while.

Yeah after spending some period of idleness in Ibadan, I decided to move to Ife to get some work into my system. And sure, I've found myself in one activity or the other ever since i got to Ife; the talks I've being giving being inclusive.

Apart from the saddled task of designing a new look and feel for my college website, I have been present at seminars and workshops organized to sensitize youth corpers on the need to embrace Information Technology. Making them see the change information Technology has wrought and the reason to have a destructive mentality according to the words of Tom Peters in his book: Re-Imagine!

It has been a good time: enjoyed myself and enjoyed showing my audience that their jobs are at the risk of been snatched away from them, to be given to computer software or handed over to folks residing on the other side of the globe. And it has been fun getting the initial Luddite reaction which then always leads to questions on how to move up on the skill-chain or how to be the folks catching jobs been flung from the other side of the globe.

I look forward to having more of these seminars. But wait, while I was away, what was it about Microsoft buying Yahoo! And then again, what is this d*mn thing called Silverlight that folks are hollering about?

No comments: